- SPU Global Seminar (faculty-led) programs have been cancelled for Summer 2020.
- Students intending to study abroad through a provider should monitor their email for updates regarding program cancellations. These providers are carefully monitoring the circumstances at each of their international sites and will keep you and SPU updated on their plans, cancellations, and other responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- If your program is cancelled, email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the refund process for your study abroad administrative fee.
Fall Semester 2020
- Fall Semester (partner and non-partner) programs still have the possibility of continuing.
- In light of the difficulties in acquiring a visa, fall Semester programs in Spain, France, Italy and Czech Republic will have revised dates so that the program duration is under 90 days and therefore, students will not be required to obtain a visa. If your program is affected, the study abroad office will communicate with you as soon as we have finalized program dates.
- Please monitor your SPU email regularly for updates from the study abroad office and/or your provider. If changes occur, SPU will reach out to study abroad students via email.
- Due to the uncertainty of fall programs, all fall semester 2020 study abroad students are required to also register for fall quarter at SPU during the normal fall quarter registration timeframe.
- For Fall Semester students, if you have yet to submit your $300 study abroad administrative fee in your SPU study abroad account, you must do so before the May 1 Fall deadline to be accepted to your program. You must also complete your provider application by their deadline.
- If your program is cancelled prior to departure, the SPU $300 study abroad administrative fee is refundable. Email email@example.com to start the refund process.
- We recommend that you do not purchase airfare or make travel plans at this time. Wait for communication from your provider regarding when to book your flight.
- When you do purchase your airfare for study abroad, we suggest that you purchase trip cancellation insurance and ensure that the policy covers cancellation due to a pandemic.
Fall Global Seminar (faculty-led) 2020
- All 2020 Fall and Winter Global Seminar (faculty-led) programs have been cancelled. Some programs will be postponed to the 2021-22 academic year, visit the SPU faculty-led page for updates.
- Current applicants will automatically be shifted to the future program dates in order to retain all application materials.
- 2020 Fall and Winter Global Seminar (faculty-led) programs may or may not retain the same pricing for the future dates. Therefore, students will be required to obtain a new SFS cost worksheet after November 1, 2020.
- If a current applicant is not interested in applying to a future program, email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the $50 application fee refund process.
This FAQ is specifically for study abroad students. For additional information and updates, please refer to the SPU Covid-19 FAQ page. You can also obtain verified information from the CDC or the WHO. On March 19, 2020, the State Department issued a Level 4 travel advisory warning Americans not to travel abroad amid the Coronavirus outbreak. Please see full advisory here.