SPU Partner Programs
SPU's Partner Programs allow 50 students per year to choose from a wide selection of semester-length programs affiliated with organizations or foreign universities. Students will pay SPU tuition plus an applicable fee depending on the program type and location. Students attending Partner Programs are eligible to receive SPU grants, scholarships, and state and federal aid.
For program-specific information, click on a location:
SPU Partner Programs
Tier 1: SPU Tuition
|Canterbury, England: University of Kent (FALL ONLY)|
|Chengdu, China: Southwest University for Nationalities|
|Chiang Mai, Thailand: Chiang Mai University|
|Heredia, Costa Rica: Universidad de Costa Rica|
|Limerick, Ireland: University of Limerick|
|Oslo, Norway: University of Oslo|
|Pau, France: University of Pau|
|Reggio Emilia, Italy: University of Modena and Reggio Emilia|
Tier 2: SPU Tuition + $1,000
|London, England: University of Roehampton|
|Verona, Italy: IUSVE University (Salesian University Institute of Venice)|
Tier 3: SPU Tuition + $2,000
|Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona School for International Studies|
|Bilbao, Spain: University of the Basque Country|
Tier 4: SPU Tuition + $3,000
|Glasgow, Scotland: University of Glasgow|
|Granada, Spain: University of Granada|
|San Jose, Costa Rica: Latin American Studies Program|
|Seoul, South Korea: Korea University|
Tier 5: SPU Tuition + $4,000
|Mukono, Uganda: Uganda Christian University|
|Quito, Ecuador: Living & Learning International|
Tier 6: SPU Tuition + $5,000
|Buenos Aires, Argentina: University of Belgrano|
|Grenoble, France: Universite Grenoble - Alpes|
|Meknes, Morocco: ISA Meknes Study Center|
|Prague, Czech Republic: Anglo-American University|
|St. Petersburg, Russia: Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University|
|Washington D.C., USA: American Studies Program|
Tier 7: SPU Tuition + $6,000
|Amman, Jordan: Middle East Studies Program|
|Brisbane, Australia: Australia Studies Centre|
|Hyderabad, India: University of Hyderabad|
|Los Angeles, CA USA: Los Angeles Film Studies Center|
Tier 8: SPU Tuition + $7,000
|Florence, Italy: Florence University of the Arts|
Tier 9: SPU Tuition + $8,000
|Athens, Greece: The American College of Greece|
|Paris, France: Institute Catholique or Paris IV Sorbonne|
Tier 10: SPU Tuition + $9,000
|Oxford, England: England Scholars' Semester|
Costs to Consider
- SPU $50 application fee and $300 administrative fee will be charged for all Partner Programs during the application process.
- Individual program application fees and confirmation or housing deposits (if applicable.)
- SPU Partner Programs are priced to include regular SPU full-time tuition plus the applicable "tier" fee.
- Fall Programs: Students will be billed for one quarter of tuition + 1 tier fee and are eligible to receive one quarter of financial aid.
- Spring Programs: Students will be billed for one quarter of tuition + 1 tier fee and are eligible to receive one quarter of SPU aid and two quarters of state and federal aid.
- Year-long Programs: Students will be billed for 3 quarters of tuition + 2 tier fees and are eligible to receive aid for the full year.
- Housing and meal costs are dependent on each individual program and may or may not be included in the tuition and tier fee. Please see individual program brochures for information on what is included in each program.
- Passport and Visa (when applicable)
- Travel insurance (optional)
- In-country expenses: Entertainment, personal travel, and souvenirs.
How it Works
- Browse program options and meet with a study abroad advisor.
- Start the SPU application by clicking "Apply Now" on the program brochure. Follow instructions in the application.
- Once approved, you will apply to the individual program you've chosen. The program will notify you of your acceptance.
- You will be billed through SPU on the regular billing cycle of the term you'll be studying away.
- Participants are billed SPU charges for their study abroad program, not the fees advertised in third party brochures or websites. Partner Programs are placed into one of ten tiers. Programs are placed into tiers by considering the amenities included in the program, the overall cost of those amenities, the cost of living in the host country, and the overall cost of the program to the university.
- Please note that in many cases, programs only include tuition expenses. Therefore, any other expenses related to participation in the program (housing, meals, orientation activities, excursions, etc.) are the responsibility of the student and will be paid directly to the host organization.
- Students will earn transfer credit (except for Best Semester Programs which award SPU credit) upon completion of their program.