SPU Partner Programs
SPU's Partner Programs allow 50 students per year to choose from a wide selection of semester-long programs affiliated with organizations or foreign universities. Students will pay SPU tuition plus an applicable program fee depending on the program type and location. Students attending Partner Programs are eligible to receive SPU grants, scholarships, and state and federal aid.
For program-specific information, click on the institution:
|Argentina||Buenos Aires||CEA||University of Belgrano||$5,000|
|Australia||Brisbane||BS||Australia Studies Centre||$6,000|
|China||Chengdu||USAC||Southwest University for Nationalities||0|
|Costa Rica||Heredia||USAC||University of Costa Rica||0|
|Costa Rica||San Jose||BS||Latin American Studies Program||$3,000|
|Czech Republic||Prague||CEA||Anglo-American University||$6,000|
|Ecuador||Quito||L&L||Living & Learning||$4,000|
|England||Canterbury||Direct||University of Kent||0|
|England||London||Direct||University of Roehampton||$1,000|
|England||Oxford||BS||England Scholars’ Semester||$9,000|
|France||Grenoble||CEA||Universite Grenoble - Alpes||$5,000|
|France||Paris||CEA||Catholic Institute or Paris IV Sorbonne||$8,000|
|France||Pau||USAC||University of Pau||0|
|Greece||Athens||AIFS||The American College of Greece||$8,000|
|Ireland||Limerick||Direct||University of Limerick||0|
|Jordan||Amman||BS||Middle East Studies Program||$6,000|
|India||Hyderabad||AIFS||University of Hyderabad||$6,000|
|Italy||Florence||SAI||Florence University of the Arts||$3,000|
|Italy||Reggio-Emilia||USAC||University of Reggio Emilia||0|
|Morocco||Meknes||ISA||ISA Meknes Study Center||$5,000|
|New Zealand||Dunedin||IFSA||University of Otago||$8,000|
|Russia||St. Petersburg||AIFS||St. Petersburg Polytechnic University||$5,000|
|Scotland||Glasgow||Direct||University of Glasgow||$3,000|
|Spain||Barcelona||BSAE||UAB, UB, or SIS||$2,000|
|Spain||Bilbao||USAC||University of the Basque Country||$2,000|
|Spain||Granada||ISA||University of Granada||$3,000|
|South Korea||Seoul||TEAN||Korea University||$3,000|
|Thailand||Chiang Mai||TEAN||Chiang Mai University||0|
|Uganda||Mukono||BS||Uganda Christian University||$4,000|
|United States||Los Angeles||BS||L.A. Film Studies Center||$6,000|
|United States||Washington D.C.||BS||American Studies Program||$5,000|
Costs to Consider
- SPU $50 application fee and $300 administrative fee will be charged for all Partner Programs during the application process.
- Individual program application fees and confirmation or housing deposits (if applicable.)
- SPU Partner Programs are priced to include regular SPU full-time tuition plus the applicable program fee.
- Fall Programs: Students will be billed for one quarter of tuition + 1 program fee and are eligible to receive one quarter of financial aid.
- Spring Programs: Students will be billed for one quarter of tuition + 1 program fee and are eligible to receive one quarter of SPU aid and two quarters of state and federal aid.
- Year-long Programs: Students will be billed for 3 quarters of tuition + 2 program fees and are eligible to receive aid for the full year.
- Housing and meal costs are dependent on each individual program and may or may not be included in the tuition and program fee. Please see individual program brochures for information on what is included in each program.
- Passport and Visa (when applicable)
- Travel insurance (optional)
- In-country expenses: books, entertainment, personal travel, and souvenirs.
How it Works
- Browse program options and meet with a study abroad advisor.
- Start the SPU application by clicking "Apply Now" on the program brochure. Follow instructions in the application.
- Once approved, you will apply to the individual program you've chosen. The program will notify you of your acceptance.
- You will be billed through SPU on the regular billing cycle of the term you'll be studying away.
- Participants are billed SPU charges for their study abroad program, not the fees advertised in third party brochures or websites. Program fees are determined by considering the amenities included in the program, the overall cost of those amenities, the cost of living in the host country, and the overall cost of the program to the university.
- Please note that in many cases, programs only include tuition expenses. Therefore, any other expenses related to participation in the program (housing, meals, orientation activities, excursions, etc.) are the responsibility of the student and will be paid directly to the host organization.
- Students will earn transfer credit (except for Best Semester Programs which award SPU credit) upon completion of their program.