2020-21 Partner Programs
SPU's Partner Programs allow 50 students per year to choose from a wide selection of semester-long programs affiliated with organizations or foreign universities. Students will pay SPU tuition plus an applicable program fee depending on the program type and location. Students attending Partner Programs are eligible to receive SPU grants, scholarships, and state and federal aid.
For program-specific information, click on the institution:
Costs to Consider
SPU $50 application fee and $300 administrative fee will be charged for all Partner Programs during the application process.
Individual program application fees and confirmation or housing deposits (if applicable.)
SPU Partner Programs are priced to include regular SPU full-time tuition plus the applicable program fee.
Housing and meal costs are dependent on each individual program and are not included in the tuition and program fee. Please see individual program brochures for information on what is included in each program.
- Fall: Students will be billed for 1 quarter of tuition + 1 program fee and are eligible to receive 1 quarter of financial aid.
- Spring: Students will be billed for 1 quarter of tuition + 1 program fee and are eligible to receive 1 quarter of SPU aid and 2 quarters of state and federal aid.
- Year-long: Students will be billed for 3 quarters of tuition + 2 program fees and are eligible to receive aid for the full year.
1.Browse program options, attend a Study Abroad 101 session and meet with a study abroad advisor.
2. Start the SPU application by clicking "Apply Now" on the program brochure. Follow instructions in the application.
3. Once approved, you will apply to the individual program you've chosen. The program will notify you of your acceptance.
4. You will be billed through SPU on the regular billing cycle of the term you'll be studying away.
Participants are billed SPU charges for their study abroad program, not the fees advertised in third party brochures or websites. Program fees are determined by considering the amenities included in the program, the overall cost of those amenities, the cost of living in the host country, and the overall cost of the program to the university.
Please note that programs only include tuition expenses. Other expenses related to participation in the program (housing, meals, orientation activities, excursions, etc.) are the responsibility of the student and will be paid directly to the host organization.Students will earn transfer credit (except for Best Semester Programs which award SPU credit) upon completion of their program.