The Barcelona School for International Studies (SIS) program offers a personalized classroom atmosphere to students who are looking to rapidly improve their Spanish language skills and gain US credits for major, minor, and elective courses taught in English. The SIS program includes even more than your average program, including a life-changing four day excursion to Morocco, an additional weekend excursion within Spain, multiple day trips, career development tools, and a variety of courses to choose from for a wide range of majors!
This is a 12 week program, which is perfect for students that are on a quarter system or looking for a shorter semester. In addition, this is a wonderful option for U.S. Citizens that are looking to receive a semester or quarter’s worth of credits without having to secure a visa, as the program is less than 90 days in duration.
You’ll enjoy a perfect blend of academics and experiential learning that include intriguing courses, guest speakers, local tours and a variety of cultural activities and excursions. Most electives are taught in English, but students are highly encouraged to enroll in our Intensive Spanish Language Courses to truly get the most out of the Barcelona experience.
SPU Partner Program: Tier 4
This is an SPU Partner Program
. These programs are in partnership with affiliated organizations or host universities that have been vetted for their academic and student support, and have been in long standing partnerships with Seattle Pacific University. All Partner Programs are eligible for Federal, State, and Institutional financial aid.
Cost: Tier 4
For SPU Partner Programs, you will be charged one quarter of SPU tuition for participation during fall quarter or winter/spring quarters combined. Depending on the cost of the program, a program fee may be charged in addition to SPU tuition. For additional program fee information, see Partner Program Cost
Aid eligibility includes SPU grants and scholarships, federal, state, and local financial aid for SPU Partner Programs.
What's Not Included:
- Countdown to Barcelona:Group Webinar and Pre-Departure Preparation
- Personalized Advising
- One Year Digital Subscription to the New York Times
- While in Barcelona: $250.00 Cultural Credit Card
- Tuition and Fees
- Airport Pick-Up (Must Arrive BEFORE 12:00pm on Program Start Date)
- Logistical & Cultural Orientations
- Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance through CISI
- A Four Day Excursion to Morocco
- A Weekend Excursion Outside of Barcelona (Madrid, Zaragoza, Seville, Granada, Basque Country, etc.)
- Multiple Day Trips Outside of Barcelona (Tarragona, Girona, Montserrat, Figures, Besalú, etc.)
- Weekly Cultural Activities (Cooking Classes, Salsa Lessons, Intercambios, Barrio Tours, and MORE!)
- Mentor Program & Cultural Dinner
- Welcome Hike & Traditional Catalan Meal
- Re-Entry Workshop & Farewell Meal
- For Continued Success After the Program: Alumni & Career Services
Additional Costs to Consider:
- Housing for the Duration of Program: $1,600 paid directly to SAE (Homestays include Breakfast/Dinner)
- Additional meals
- Mobile phones and charges
- Confirmation Deposit: A $300 fee will be due as part of your SPU application and considered your commitment to the program. As SPU has a capacity of 50 students every year for Partner Programs, this fee would be refunded if your application was submitted after we reached capacity.
- Provider Application Fees & Deposits (when applicable)
- Visa or residency permit (when applicable)
- Domestic travel to apply for visa (when applicable)
- Travel insurance (optional)
- Generally, students spend more money while they are abroad than during a typical quarter at SPU. These costs vary per student, and are usually associated with extra in-country and personal travel, eating out, entertainment, and purchasing gifts and souvenirs. If you would like more information about general costs of the items mentioned above and/or general affordability of study abroad, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.