February 25, 2017
Seattle Pacific University
The Washington State Lessons From Abroad Conference is designed to offer study abroad returnees the opportunity to reflect on their international experiences, connect with other study abroad alumni, network with professionals from international organizations, and gain important skills for their future career and academic paths.
- 9:30 – 10:00 Registration – Networking & Opportunities Fair
- 10:00 – 11:15 Welcome and Plenary Session; Open discussion about the realities of re-entry.
- 11:15 – 12:20 Lunch and Opportunities Fair The Opportunities Fair provides students with a variety of resources as they explore options for going abroad again and using their international experiences here at home. Representatives from graduate schools, international volunteer organizations, and work abroad companies share materials and information about their respective organizations. Students are also able to network with International Education professionals, learning about a variety of opportunities they may take advantage of and collecting ideas for their future path.
- 12:30 – 1:30 Concurrent Sessions I. 1. Go Abroad Again: Gain insight from personal testimonials about how you can work, teach and/or volunteer abroad after graduation. 2. Incorporating Study Abroad into Resumes and Cover Letters
- 1:30 – 1:45 Break for refreshments and Networking & Opportunities Fair
- 1:50 – 2:50 Concurrent Sessions II. 1. Go Abroad Again: Gain insight from personal testimonials about how you can work, teach and/or volunteer abroad after graduation. 2. Incorporating Study Abroad into Resumes and Cover Letters
- 3:00 – 3:30 Closing Session: Living an Internationally Focused Life.
For more information, check out lessonsfromabroad.org/washington/