SPU's Partner Programs allows 50 students per year to choose from a wide selection of semester-length programs affiliated with organizations or foreign universities. Students will earn transfer credit (except for Best Semester Programs), pay SPU tuition plus an applicable fee depending on the program type and location. Students attending Partner Programs may utilize SPU grants, scholarships, state and federal aid, and student loans.
For program-specific information, click on a location:
SPU Partner Programs
Tier 1 Programs: SPU Tuition
|Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|Heredia, Costa Rica|
|Reggio Emilia, Italy|
Tier 2 Programs: SPU Tuition + $1,000
Tier 3 Programs, SPU Tuition + $2,000
Tier 4 Programs: SPU Tuition + $3,000
Tier 5 Programs: SPU Tuition + $4,000
|St. Petersburg, Russia|
Tier 6 Programs: SPU Tuition + $5,000
|Prague, Czech Republic|
|Washington D.C., USA|
Tier 7 Programs: SPU Tuition + $6,000
|Los Angeles, CA USA|
|Middle East Studies Program|
|Nashville, TN USA|
Tier 8 Programs: SPU Tuition + $7,000
|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
Tier 9 Programs: SPU Tuition + $8,000
Tier 10 Programs: SPU Tuition + $9,000
Additional costs to consider:
- A $50 application fee and $300 administrative fee will be charged for all Partner Programs during the application process.
- Provider application fees and confirmation or housing deposits (if applicable)
- Housing and meal costs are dependent on each individual program and may or may not be included in the tuition and tier fee. Please see individual partner program brochures for information on what is included in each program.
- Passport and Visa (when applicable)
- Travel insurance (optional)
- Generally, students spend more money while they are abroad than during a typical quarter at SPU. These costs vary per student, and are usually associated with extra in-country and personal travel, eating out, entertainment, and purchasing gifts and souvenirs.
How it works:
- Find a program that interests you and meet with a study abroad advisor
- Start the SPU application by clicking "Apply Now" on the program brochure. Follow instructions in the application
- Once approved, you will apply to the individual program you've chosen
- You will be billed through SPU on the regular billing cycle of the term you'll be studying away
- SPU Partner Programs are priced to include regular full-time tuition and a study abroad program fee. Participants are billed SPU charges for their study abroad program, not the fees advertised in third party brochures or websites Students attending Partner Programs are eligible to access SPU institutional aid,
- Partner Programs are placed into one of ten tiers. Programs are placed into tiers by considering the amenities included in the program, the overall cost of those amenities, the cost of living in the host country, and the overall cost of the program to the university. Please note that in many cases, programs only include tuition expenses. Therefore, any other expenses related to participation in the program (housing, meals, orientation activities, excursions, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
- Tuition: For fall semester, students will be charged one quarter of tuition + 1 tier fee and for spring semester, one quarter of tuition + 1 tier fee (winter and spring quarters combined.) For year-long programs students will be billed for 3 quarters tuition + 2 tier fees. Financial Aid: Students are eligible to use one quarter of SPU, state and federal aid for Fall semester programs or one quarter of SPU aid and two quarters state and federal aid for Spring semester programs. For year-long programs, students will receive aid for the full year.
- Accommodation and meals: Please see individual program listings for detailed information on whether room & board is included. In many cases, it is not included and students will pay the cost of accommodation and meals directly to the host program.
- Administrative Fees: A $50 application fee and $300 administrative fee will be due as part of your SPU application and considered your commitment to the program. As SPU has a capacity of 50 students every year for Partner Programs, the administrative fee would be refunded if your application was submitted after we reached capacity. Use this page to understand the costs associated with SPU Partner Programs.